Specialist maths software for school and home
How does NumberGym Maths support the teaching of Mastery in Maths?
The National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM) have produced a document on Mastery Approaches to Mathematics. Click here to see a copy of that document interspersed with inserts in red explaining the contribution that NumberGym Maths can make.
Use your iPads to log in to your school account...
NumberGym's iPad apps for Bond Builder, Table Trainer and Mental Maths Challenge now support School Logins. We had some reports of poor performance accessing these products through the Puffin browser but the apps work perfectly.
We also provide 9 other iPad apps created from some of the challenges and games in The Number Gym. See our Apps page for more details.
... that suggests schools with lots of IT equipment perform no better than those without it may inadvertently be highlighting the fact that some of the most popular maths software products focus on entertainment rather than mathematics.
With NumberGym Maths you're doing maths 100% of the time AND it's fun. But, of course, teachers still need to teach maths - we think we offer the best maths teaching tools coupled with engaging and creative challenges and games.
- Now provides unique pupil logins so best times can be stored for BondBuilder, TableTrainer and Mental Maths Challenge
- Highlights the underlying patterns in mathematics
- Uses clear, uncluttered images
- Is age neutral with minimal text
- Is great for EAL, SEN, Adult Learners, and Gifted & Talented alike
- Builds confidence through contexts that provide reinforcement in a fun way
- Available online for schools, tutors and home users
Learning Number Facts
BondBuilder & TableTrainer offers carefully graded timed challenges to measure progress in committing facts to memory.
Acquiring Mental Strategies
Mental Maths Challenge enables the teaching and practice of mental arithmetic strategies in a personalised setting.
Creativity in Maths
We offer creative challenges and open-ended explorations which encourage investigations and lateral thinking in maths.